Land Use represents property owners and contractors that have been issued violations from governmental agencies for non-compliance with environmental laws and regulations. Violations are usually settled by fine and/or restoration of natural habitat. Land Use negotiates applicable fines with government agencies and develops restoration plans to bring a site in to compliance with regulations.
Planning and Permitting for Major Coastal Projects
Land Use is the leading consulting firm on Long Island for the planning of major beach nourishment and beach scraping projects on Fire Island and south shore of Long Island. Land Use has managed the implementation of beach nourishment projects in 1994, 1997, 2003/04, and 2008/09 in the Fire Island communities of Saltaire, Fair Harbor, Dunewood, Lonelyville, Fire Island Summer Club/Corneille Estates, Ocean Beach, Seaview, Ocean Bay Park, Fire Island Pines, and Davis Park. Land Use also coordinated post-Sandy storm protection and repair projects for the communities of Fire Island and the City of Long Beach.
Obtaining an environmental permit is often a critical element for success of a project. Land Use identifies the permits necessary for your project, provides guidance on the potential use and development of your site, and assembles necessary documentation for application submission. Land Use has successfully guided property owners through the local, state, and federal permitting process for a wide range of projects including the construction of single-family dwellings and accessory structures, multi-family residential complexes, commercial facilities, and community shoreline restoration and beach renourishment. Land Use has obtained permits from many federal, state, and local agencies, including the following
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- National Park Service/Fire Island National Seashore
- Central Pine Barrens Joint Planning & Policy Commission
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- New York State Department of State
- New York State Office of General Services
- Suffolk County Department of Health
- Towns of Babylon, Brookhaven, East Hampton, Hempstead, Huntington, Islip, North Hempstead, Oyster Bay, Riverhead, Shelter Island, Southampton, Southold
- Villages of East Hampton, Head of the Harbor, Huntington Bay, Kings Point, Laurel Hollow, Lloyd Harbor, Locust Valley, Manorhaven, Nissequogue, North Haven, Old Field, Quogue, Poquott, Sagaponack, Sands Point, Southampton